Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Suspension clunk on a Laguna II

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 1
Suspension clunk on a Laguna II

I have a Laguna II and its being a pain! I have an annoying spring like clunk whenever I turn left of right. I have dropped the subframe and replaced the steering ball joints (were dry as a bone and utterly shafted). For good measure, I ground off the lower ball joints and replaced those. Trackrod arms were nice and tight, so I left them. suspension drop links were also good. I cannot see any cracks in either spring and the car doesn't make the noise when suspended. I'm thinking suspension top mounts. Is this a common Laguna II failure? I have checked the bearings but this only happens when I turn. I have also checked the driveshafts. There is a small amount of play in one and absolutely none in the other. Help me! i'm stumped
Currently in goon's garage:
Citroen C4 VTS - The Laguna has moved on to pastures new!
  5 Lastest Threads by goon
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
DCI engine oil filler housing Engines goon 0 941 14th August 2011 09:58 AM
Is the Laguna II a good car? Bodywork goon 16 5968 16th June 2007 09:07 AM
How to replace a strut bearing/ remove a... Miscellaneous gotminefree 7 14235 10th June 2007 06:26 PM
Ticked off - My Lagunas got no indicator tick! Electronics goon 4 1513 1st June 2007 10:25 PM
How to fit Laguna II reverse sensors for a tenner! Miscellaneous clivem 6 6436 1st June 2007 01:09 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome