Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Removing dents with a ding king

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Removing dents with a ding king

Some one kindly put a dent in my back door panel by opening their rear door onto mine . The dent was not big but was noticeable, especially by me!

I looked into fixing this, all the choices out there are quite expensive then I came across the Ding King product - yes I know, smacks of K-Tel, Ronco and JML put together. But being a sucker for a gadget I bought one for about 12.

Well I tried it today which was a bit scary. You basically stick a bolt to your car then pull it until the glue bond breaks. See - Ding King Dent Repair Tool it explains it better than I can.

My dent was small the kind created by a door edge but was right on one of the shaping lines in the door. I went through the process twice before the dent was pulled out. The instructions say that the process only works on the original undamaged paintwork - I suppose there is a chance it would pull resprayed paint off.

The fact it actually worked surprised me and is the reason I took no pictures I thought I was wasting my time, and the 'after' picture do not help as I don't think a photo will catch the slight ripple which is left - I had to point it out to my son as he could not see it.

Anyway at 12 it may be worth a try if you get something similar. I bought mine from Gift Ideas - Gadgets, Gifts & Fun Toys, Gadget Stuff - Cool Shop but there are other places selling the kit just google it if you are interested.
Currently in davey's garage:
2005 Scenic 1.5Dci (VF1JMRF)
  5 Lastest Threads by davey
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Heater blower switch repairs itself on Scenic II Heating & cooling davey 3 1124 5th January 2008 12:03 PM
Removing dents with a ding king Bodywork gillies 7 2002 31st May 2007 11:22 PM
Oil Change using a vacuum extractor Engines davey 6 2196 4th June 2006 08:44 PM
Scenic II Haynes manual Cars & motoring jkspoff 1 2647 11th February 2006 04:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome