Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Clio Immobiliser is always OFF.. any ideas?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 31st May 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Clio Immobiliser is always OFF.. any ideas?

Hi, I have a 1998 Clio 1.2 .. late MK 1

I've looked at some other forum posts here about immobiliser problems but my problem seems a bit different..

I bought the car second hand recently, and the immobiliser worked for a few days, but now it is always OFF (and the central locking doesnt work when I press the key fob so I have to open the car doors manually using the key only). The red LED light inside the car on the central locking switch is OFF and does not light up or flash at all now (regardless of if I press or hold down the switch) but when pressing this switch the door locks do open/close though, so the switch seems to do 'something' as opposed to having completely failed..

My car does actually start and work fine, so i'm not sure what to do, should I even attempt to repair the immobiliser? My main problem is for some reason I cant lock/unlock the driver side door manually with my key (or by hand/using force). So I have to climb through the passenger side every time I want to get in and out of the car, and thus always leave the driver side door locked.

Any thoughts anyone please? I'm not sure how I can fix my immobiliser, but should I even try, since I can actually start my car just fine! I'd be really grateful if anyone knows why I can manually lock and unlock the passenger side door fine with the key, but not the drivers side!

Last edited by ollie2; 31st May 2007 at 11:47 PM.
  5 Lastest Threads by ollie2
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Chain or Belt? Clio 1.2 Biarritz, Mk 1, phase 3,... Engines Lagdti 2 1197 8th June 2007 12:47 AM
Clio Immobiliser is always OFF.. any ideas? Electronics BarryB 2 719 31st May 2007 11:42 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome