Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Reliable Renaults only please

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to spottedhaggis Send a message via Skype™ to spottedhaggis
I appreciate your words of comfort, and needed them badly.

I have as yet not had an opportunity to test drive it. I spent about 20 mins reving the engine, starting, stopping and starting again to make sure it started ok and sounded ok, checked as many electrics as I could find (sunroof as far as it would go etc etc, and the following were found during my checks.

Both front windows require what I believe is regulator replacement, seems common on other cars (rovers) as well so not a worry, they will, are replacing them today

It failed its MOT apparently due to a ball joint, where I do not know, but obviousley I wont have the car without an MOT so again, I am not worried.

I suppose the only thing I am worried about is warranties, and thats the discussion I am having tomorow when I collect the car, if the warranty is, or does not appear sufficient I will not take their one and get an aftermarket one that will cover things.

I have no plans on driving it hard, as I get older (whew 37 now you know) I have started to drive a little more relaxed, and thats the plan here.

Again, many thanks.
Currently in spottedhaggis's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 DCI Privilege....and is loving every second of it
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome