Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Suspension clunk on a Laguna II

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to huwwatkins
Originally Posted by goon View Post
I have a Laguna II and its being a pain! I have an annoying spring like clunk whenever I turn left of right. I have dropped the subframe and replaced the steering ball joints (were dry as a bone and utterly shafted). For good measure, I ground off the lower ball joints and replaced those. Trackrod arms were nice and tight, so I left them. suspension drop links were also good. I cannot see any cracks in either spring and the car doesn't make the noise when suspended. I'm thinking suspension top mounts. Is this a common Laguna II failure? I have checked the bearings but this only happens when I turn. I have also checked the driveshafts. There is a small amount of play in one and absolutely none in the other. Help me! i'm stumped
I had this exact same problem. If it turned the wheel left or right i'd get a clunk. Mine turned out to be a dried out strut bearing which was causing the spring to jump along instead of moving smoothly and causing the clunks everytime it jumped. Best way to check is to have somone turning the wheel back and forth with you sticking your head in the wheel arch.
Currently in huwwatkins's garage:
2010 Laguna Coupe GT
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome