Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Espace - Air Conditioning

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 8th October 2014
Nominated 1 Time in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry Re: Renault - Espace - Air Conditioning

I've just bought a second-hand Grand Espace mkIV and have had the same problem with the connector. I knew the aircon wasn't working when I bought it and thought it might be the compressor as there was no drop in revs when the button was pressed. While I was underneath the car to find out the compressors details. I noticed that one wire on the 2-wire connector plug had completely corroded and was broken in 2 places within an inch of the block. I've just phoned City Motors in Bristol who are the local dealers and was told there's no replacement connector available and I'd have to buy a completely new compressor (do they come with a new plug and length of wiring then?) at a cost of 350+. When I said I wasn't going to pay that much and I'd have to sort out the plug myself they just it the phone down on me!!! Not a "Sorry we couldn't help" or similar, so much for customer service eh! I'd have got a right rollicking if I'd have been heard done that when I worked at John Lewis lol. Fingers crossed it sorts the problem, or it'll be eBay here I come.

Anyway,where's my soldering iron...
Currently in Bigdave117's garage:
2004 Renault Espace 2.0T Privilege + LPG
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome