Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2004 - Engines - Auto gearbox warning sign

View Single Post
post #34 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi this is my first post on here and I'm glad, in a strange sort of way, that other people are having the same problems.

I bought my 52 auto Clio just over a year ago with 14k on the clock. It had been a motobilty car so had had regular servicing. After a month it started to change down on the first hill on my way to work and the auto light came on. I took it back to the dealer who had it diagnostic checked by an independent garage and they couldn't find anything wrong. I then took it to the Renault dealer who confirmed that it was the hydraulic solenoid and, as it was only out of warranty by 3 months, offered to pay part of the replacement costs. The dealer agreed to pay the other half which was about £180. So the total cost would have been around £400.

The light still comes on when I leave it in Park for any length of time but that's not really an issue as it goes out after turning the ignition on and off.

Good luck.

Last edited by Sheffmax; 1st June 2007 at 06:28 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome