Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Power Washer

Thread: Power Washer
View Single Post
post #9 of (permalink) Old 2nd January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
That was my experience with a Karcher washer that I bought over ten years ago. It was great for shifting great clumps of crud, but the thin film of muck that actually made the car look dirty still required a brush to get it to shift.

What's more, in my efforts to get the thing to shift the grime, I got rather too close and managed to strip off one of the transfers (it was the Mazda, which had a transfer style logo on the rear rather than the more common chrome effect ones.) So take care near transfers unless you want to lose them.

In the end, I gave up using it for washing the car. There were no obvious advantages over the hosepipe, and all of the extra hassle of setting up. The best use for these things is flagged/concrete paths and patio areas. Flags, especially, come up like new (though if you look at the colour of the water, you can see that you're removing a thin layer from the top of the slab.) Though even on flagged areas, there always seems to be at least one flag that refuses to come clean - it starts out looking exactly the same as all the others, and then sticks out like a sore thumb when you're done.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome