Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

View Single Post
post #35 of (permalink) Old 1st June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Ive had the same Laguna 2.0 ide since 2002, put 90k+ on it and have, until very recently used a Renault dealership to service and repair, in that time from memory I have....

1. Had three tyre pressure sensors. (They fell off and beat themselves to death on the road, just hanging by the wiring). I got the garage to nail the last one on, and its been fine...!
2. Fitted three nearside wheels. They buckle at the slightest pothole
3. Drivers window regulator.
4. Rear bushes.
5. Nearside wishbone.
6. A decoke. The garage stated that it looked like the head from a 1960s morris minor!!!!!! I Had about 80k on the clock.
7. Shed loads of electrical gremlins. Wierd alarms that come and go, locked up alarm immobiliser, windows and sunroof with a mind of their own, a red 'STOP DO NOT DRIVE' (ever again!) message on the dashboard about once a week, etc etc.
8. Two tyre valves that sheared trying to get the caps off.
9. New card reader.
10. Oil level sensor.
11. Two, yes two, I counted them, A/C control panels. (That old illumination chestnut)..
12. Two sets of ignition coils .
13. Two cracked brake disks, both rear.... + a new caliper that had seized...
14. +++++ I'd have to look through the bills to remind me... But that would make me cry...!
15. +++ all the stuff that was done under warranty in the early years.
16. +++ all the normal stuff... tyres, wipers, pads, blah blah blah...

Now some of the problems may be down to the way I drive, and when you add up all of the bills covering the 5 years
it goes a long way to a new car... But, I like the car so much, they look good, and drive well when they work.
I have now made the move from a Renault garage to local garage plus a bit of DIY. And when the time comes to buy a new car, what will I buy?
A Laguna.... You pays your money you takes your chance...Its that simple.

Currently in bobford100's garage:
Laguna II 2.0 IDE Privilege VF1BG0N

Last edited by bobford100; 2nd June 2007 at 04:44 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome