Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #701 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Meesh, you raised a good point....Renault's aim is a bit of a "delay tactic"...get everyone's [clio bonnet] catches "replaced" or "maintained", and hopefully all the media and public attention dies down, so that they can sweep the matter under the carpet.

But you are spot on, in that it will continue to happen but later down the line - talking maybe 6-12mths or 1-2 yrs later. So we all already know it "will" happen again, just a matter of "when" - and Renault must know this too!

Separately, my MP has been in communications to VOSA CEO (that's that Stephen Tetlow dude - who is an utter prat and not fit for office. 'cos he has failed to respond to 2 of my letters and his department has failed in its role of a safety agency). My MP office has indicated that they (VOSA) are now re-looking into the case file, and would confirm a response by the end of June to my MP. A copy of this initial communication which my MP has received from VOSA is being sent to me. Will be interested to see what Mr Tetlow has got to say...

My recommendations to all - wherever possible, keep pushing Renault UK, keep pushing your dealerships, and more importantly involve anyone in the power to make a difference to intervene...whether it's MPs, media outlets, whatever. We need to keep this in the media to ensure Renault's address this issue and can't hide away from it.

The results of all of our actions so far have been getting results...a UK "recall" of sorts is a good indication that they are starting to realise that they can't hide away from it any longer!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome