Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash noises,creaking/crackling

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash noises,creaking/crackling

Hi All

I have a 56 plate clio 3 that i bought from new in January,i've only covered 3800 miles and i'm getting 2 noises coming from the dash area,the first happens when going over slightly rougher ground or when there's a change in the roads surface and its coming from the front of the dash between the section where the clock is and the windscreen and runs along about 2 feet,probably the section inbetween the 2 clips that the dash slots into. This is a sort of crackling noise,the type of noise as if you were gently squeezing an empty plastic bottle.

The second noise happens everytime i turn the steering wheel,either turning a corner or even if i'm just bearing left or right,the whole drivers side of the dashboard creaks,and not just a slight creak but a major creak that can be heard over the radio.

I've taken it in a few times but the dealer,who has been very helpful,is puzzled as to what is causeing it. I even went down when he took the dash off to look behind it and everthing seemed secure,nothing was loose.

These noises are driving me crazy,and shouldn't be happeing on a brand new car imo.

Does anyone else have this problem because according to my dealer i am the only one as they did a search on renault technical support and there is nothing saying that anyone else has reported this problem.

I'd like to hear from anyone that has this problem so i can show my dealer on monday when i see the service manager.
Currently in chadsteruk's garage:
2007 renault clio 3 1.4 dynamique
  5 Lastest Threads by chadsteruk
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault Clio III - Interiors - dash... Clio mrtotty 20 15644 2nd June 2007 10:53 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome