Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - hello im new.... Is the laguna 2 a reliable car?

View Single Post
post #37 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Lol, now you're comparing it to a Japanese car, that's not a fair comparison at all, Jap cars are well known for their reliability.

What I'm saying here is that it's par for the course pretty much, I know it's excessive compared to a Nissan or Mazda, but believe me by todays standards it's not uncommon - plus, the warranty claims back this up - it's not a reliability 'concern', they're simply not built to last and a proportion of the on-the-road price has 'consumables factored in as standard so they can make the rest up later on in the car's life, the definition of 'consumable' has become distinctly blurred now though.

Look at what you get for your money and compare it to any other car wit the same level of gimmickry, you'll pay 1500 more at least - sadly though you're getting what you pay for, something that looks great, is fantastic when it's working properly, but is riddled with bugs - it doesn't seem to bother Renault that 1 in 3 people make a warranty claim and until it does not much will change.

At the end of the day, the facts are out there and you make your own choice - the truth is is you're careful and a bit lucky you just might get the best value motor you're ever had.
Currently in Schmooster's garage:
2003 Laguna II 1.9dCi Extreme
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome