Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - brief Final Reviews 2002 Lag Priv 1.9 DCI

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 2nd June 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Send a message via MSN to spottedhaggis Send a message via Skype™ to spottedhaggis
brief Final Reviews 2002 Lag Priv 1.9 DCI

Well, thought I would put up a brief review on the Laguna Privilege 1.9DCI. 2002 model

Beautiful paintwork, stunning to look at and I love the blue/green effect it has.
Loads of hidden toys, auto closing windows, retracting mirrors, voice synth, rain sensitive wipers, automatic lights.
Pulls away with relative ease, 1st, as always is not great , but into 2nd and 3rd are both great for pulling past.
6th gear (your right) was a dream on the motorway, cruising at 85-90 on the motorway felt more like 50, and 6th gear put the rev counter just over 2k revs, so very silent drive
Handles wonderfull, does not seem to tilt too much on sharper bends, and appears to hold the road really well, whilst maintaining a smoother ride than a sporty car.

Its a great car.

Dealer warranty covers everything important, and I have a non renault valve in one wheel, they are replacing it, no problem, and for the life I have the car and if I have them do the repairs, all diagnostics from the computer are free, and I am also able to source the part myself, pay for it, and simply pay them to install it, so cheaper still, and of course the computer will make sure I get the right parts.

I have to say I am impressed, and very pleased with it.

If I had to say one negative thing it would be that the aircon does not go below 16 degrees C but then I think only US cars go lower.

If your looking for one, get this one, and try to get the one that looks blue in the pictures.
Currently in spottedhaggis's garage:
2002 Laguna 1.9 DCI Privilege....and is loving every second of it
  5 Lastest Threads by spottedhaggis
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
engne over heat now whistling Engines Ralph 2 1351 10th July 2010 03:21 PM
Right brake light issue Electronics spottedhaggis 2 1625 17th May 2010 01:59 PM
weird stereo related issue Electronics Horatio 2 1482 15th March 2010 10:13 PM
Vauxhall Corsa - Gear Selection Problem Other makes martyboi 14 7934 14th November 2009 03:03 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome