Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane 1 - Replacing Faulty Door Latch

View Single Post
post #6 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
The solienoid is the small electrical motor that locks the door when the key fob is used. Inside the solienoid is part of the locking mechanism, including the part you see at the door edge. There are very few servicalbe parts on this unit. I know as I tried to take mine to bits to find out what really was wrong, I also tried lots of WD40, but couldn't get it to work properly.

As Demon XP says there is a small spring that you can replace, that seems to be about the only thing you could replace.

I had the same issues. Door wouldn't unlock using fob, just key. Mucked around, and got it to lock, but had to be opened from inside, Then wouldn't lock at all, then just key again. This was removing, oiling, mucking around, then replacing original unit.

Eventually, I replaced whole unit with one from the scrappies, and had no further problems.

The key barrel is seperate, so you don't have to replace that, otherwise you would have two keys!

Best of luck

Currently in Malabtech's garage:
Megane 1.4 16v
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome