Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scratched Bonnet

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2007 Thread Starter
The Declaration
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Scratched Bonnet

Before I start would just like to say hello to all. Now the problem, I have had my clio for over a year now (first car) T.reg/99 I was looking at the bonnet and I could see the big scratch about 10cm long on the bonnet with 2 other marks next to it bummer, I presume it was loose grave/chipping that has caused this.

Having looking at the rest of the bodywork I can see allot of
swirl marks which having looked through posts it seems that the car wash has caused this I thought by going to the car wash every week I was helping my bodywork but obviously not.
So now I am determined to get my bodywork to a showroom shine finish if possible but I just don't know where to start
Would it be possible to treat the damage to the bonnet myself if so how then if I got this done would I apply polish all over and seal in with wax or would I have to get rid of all the swirl marks first ???

I think the paint work is metallic gold but on the registration document it says yellow

The Declaration
Currently in The Declaration's garage:
1999 Renault Clio MkII 1.4 RT
  5 Lastest Threads by The Declaration
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Will Insurance Pay out ??? Insurance Tiggerz_SRi 5 2366 18th May 2008 01:26 PM
No Dundee Utd badge Feedback & Announcements ottoman 3 950 10th January 2008 02:40 PM
Petition to move the new Sky Sports team/score... Football Asterix 1 1141 15th August 2007 07:59 PM
Mot Advisory Notice ! Cars & motoring tidyclio 1 1237 8th August 2007 10:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome