Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Changing Key Fob Battery

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by Jane View Post
My remote isnt very responsive so Ive decided a new battery is in order, but despite best efforts I cant open the fob!!!!

Its a 99 Clio, and I have noted the little arrow on the fob and tried to slide it....wont shift.

Is it just a case of brute force and ignorance or is there a special knack (which I obviously havent got!!)?

If it's the same as the later Clio's you slide the 2 halves apart.

How I do mine is as follows. 1) Make sure there is no keyring of any sort through the hole first! 2) Hold the key in your Right hand with the arrow uppermost. 3) Put your left index finger under the key blade and your left thumb above. 4) With your right thumb push hard against the cover end (by the hole for the keyring). the 2 halvles should then slide apart.

Don't try levering anything! These are very expensive to buy and re program! If your really stuck take it to Renault spares department and they'll supply and fit the battery for you. Only takes around 10 seconds to do and I would think they'll only charge for the battery maybe a couple of quid.

Must admit the puzzled me at first but now they are just so easy to split once you have the knack!

Currently in Alan3260's garage:
1.2 16v dynamique

Last edited by Alan3260; 3rd June 2007 at 06:52 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Alan3260 For This Useful Post:
bbennett1992 (6th June 2010), Groovydad (28th December 2015)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome