Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Espace 3 - Front Suspension Knock*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 3rd June 2007 Thread Starter
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Renault Espace 3 - Front Suspension Knock*FIXED*

I've got a knock on both sides of my Espace which gets worse in wet weather,the knock is at the top both sides.
I've had a look up in the arch and the spring is jumping round rather than moving freely.

Am I right in thinking this is down to the top suspension mounts?? Also would this cause the steering to pull intermittantly?
Sometimes it pulls left and others it is true(noticeable when looking at the steering wheel)and I dont want it to eat the 4 tyres I put on it last month

I ask because after having a read through the forums and elsewhere on the net,people are talking about a bearing(or is this incorperated into the top mount)

I have priced them up on Euro Car Parts and I have to service it this week anyway and have a spare few quid (for a change) but I cant afford to replace Strus/tops/springs in one hit.

Any help appreciated

I wear the trousers in our house

She just tells me what colour :D
Currently in zinx's garage:
1998 Grand Espace RXE Full Leather 2.2dt G8T
  5 Lastest Threads by zinx
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Clio 1.9d Engine swap now wont start Electronics zinx 5 2061 1st August 2009 04:26 PM
Peugeot 106 - Cooling System Info Other makes zinx 4 5004 26th May 2009 08:51 PM
Anyone interested in Bonsai Trees? General Chat Trudge 8 2025 22nd April 2009 09:26 PM
Another Years Motoring Cars & motoring geoffhill 9 2076 16th April 2009 07:45 PM
My Mood Option Gone Feedback & Announcements Donald 15 2354 27th March 2009 07:52 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome