Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Electronics - Airbag and Service light illuminated

View Single Post
post #19 of (permalink) Old 13th October 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Clio II - Electronics - Airbag and Service light illuminated

Hello all,

I have a 2001 Clio mk2 1.5 dci.

So my Clio's failed its MOT because of the 3 lights not going out (the coils , the airbag and the serv on the dashboard) and I have until Wednesday to fix it (without a code reader to boot as I can't find a code reader that works with my Clio - links to code readers, that read Clip/Renault own codes from 2001 would be really appreciated).

So I think it's the electrics under the seats. I'm the 7th owner and I reckon one of the previous owners did some tinkering under the seats (probably because of a crash, who knows).

So, at the bottom of this post are the photos of the electrics, showing cut and soldered wires . The first 3 pics are below the drivers seat, the 4th & 5th are the passenger seat electrics.

Is this the correct set-up currently (I'm imagining no). If no, does anyone know the correct circuitry and would they explain what I need to do?

I have a soldering iron, choc boxes and patience.

Thank you for any help given.

Driver's Seat Electrics

1. Show's a blue and a brown cut wire in the white box and 2 sets of soldered wires. The orange cable emanates from the chair.

2. A view of the mess under the seat. 3 pairs of soldered wires: Blue-Brown, Brown-Orange, Black-Dark Grey .

3. Showing the Grey and Black soldered wires.

Passenger Seat Electrics

The Black wire goes into the Seat.
Two pairs of soldered wires: Blue-Orange, Brown-Purplish Brown
Currently in tobiwan's garage:
1.5DCI Expression+
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome