Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Buying Advice

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi there, ive had older meganes now for a number of years without any problems. But there is always going to be a however. So therefor, however, i always wanted a 2.0 williams version so thought id buy the convertable. Ive had nothing but bother. It seems to be when something goes wrong, it all goes wrong. There are things that are a nightmare and renault arent much help either. Renault dealerships charge a fortune to work on them. My gearbox practically melted, couldnt get second hand replacement ( JC5024 ) . 500 for rebuild including dropping engine, then cause battery was disconnected, the alarm now dosent work properly. I had to disconnect that. Then the code lost sync from code. Couldnt start it. lucky i had code and know how to reprogram or that had have cost a fortune for renault to do a 1m 30s job as they span it out for at least 30mins if not more. Everything that goes wrong is seemingly a common fault. Manifolds, coil packs, GEARBOXES, on the flip side, they are bloody quick for what they are and i love them to death. But note when they go wrong it hits hard if u dont know some1 in the know. Very economical. Even my 2.0 petrol is about as economical as the 1.6 version and that 1 is underpowered. Good luck on your choice.
Currently in chris30379's garage:
2.0 16v cabriolet megane
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome