Sorry - I forgot to give an update on this.
I took it back to the local dealership, for them to look at it. They agreed that they where the wrong headlights, but then proceeded to tell me that I'd have to pay for them (£400+ !
They said that it should have been picked up on it's 30 day inspection from new, and that as it hadn't had it's 30 day inspection, the onus was on me. I pointed out that I was the second owner, so I couldn't have taken it in for a 30 day inspection. The car was two years old at the point I became the owner.
Then they tried the tack of saying that they wouldn't pay for them as they hadn't supplied the car from new. I suggested that they look up who did supply the car, as Renault must keep track of VIN numbers, and then cross charge to them.
Then they tried to wheedle out of it by saying that it may have had a front end smash. I asked to be shown evidence of accident repair on the car.
So it whent on, until I got fed up of talking with the blond bimbette on the service desk and asked to see the customer service manager.
I go through all the rigmorole of explaing the situation to her, and she simply says her hands are tied. But she puts me onto to Renault UK National Customer Care.
I explain the situation again, and the chap on the other end of the phone is very appolgetic, and says that Renault UK will pick up the bill. Brilliant. He sorts stuff out with the dealer, and the car is booked in to have the lights swapped the next day.
That should have been the end of it, but the bunglers at the service center managed to order in non Xenon headlights. So the car was returned with no work done at the end of the day.
So the car went in again the day after that, and finally they sorted it all out. Went straight to the MOT center after that, and she passed with flying colours.