Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #707 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
...well the legal route is one option, but my particular case had some extraordinary circumstances which legally I wouldn't get out off (involves new cars!)....whilst other cases, apart from Meesh, others are seemingly reluctant to take it through the necessary legal process.

Only other options is the more mediated route - via MP's, VOSA, Media channels - bad press them (Renault have had 12mths of this - for a matter they were trying to sweep under the cases for what they quoted mine as a "unique" experience! Hmmm, 1000+ unique incidents???).

Problem on this point is that VOSA (which is the Dept of Transport department which remit includes forcing manufactures to do recalls here in the UK) is a bureaucratic waste of an organisation without any intention to help us (those who could have been killed!). Instead they look at two flimsy reports completed by Renault, and say yeah doesn't seem to be an issue - no Recall! Hmm...and then they quote this as "their investigation".

So we folks have TWO battles on our hands for almost 12mths now!

P.S. I feel better getting that out of the system now!

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome