Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #709 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
That's going to be a tough battle.
Brigatti, with all die respect, I think that any action outside legal, or in-court handling of the issue would just go to support the statement: "there have been reports that...".

I am not saying that it is not helpful. On the contrary, it is the primary starting point from which to seek action on cosumer safety.
Btw, that's how the RAPEX system works with the EC.
Run a search on it for Renault and you'll see cases just like this one that have started.

However useful it may be in, say, notifying the EU Commission it does not provide immediate resolution. I am not fully familiar with UK's legal system, but I think Meesh's lawyer is right. At least there's the legal exterritoriality principle - a verdict in the UK might not be recognised in France. At least it will give one barrel shot, you being the second... who know, actually they might move their ***** and admit having made a mistake and replace the darn locks.
Ah and one important that just crossed my mind - a court will require independant testing to be performed prior to issuing a verdict. Whatever the verdict, at least noone could deny credibilty of testing, not even VOSA or Renault UK, or Renault S.A. France, right?
Currently in DemonXP's garage:
1.6 16V K4М700 RXE BA04 05/99

Last edited by DemonXP; 4th June 2007 at 09:05 PM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome