Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Megane - Working Light Stalk

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 4th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Originally Posted by zuneofdoom View Post
Hey guys, Ive just discovered these forums and hope you can help. Ive just bought my first car, a 2nd hand P reg (1996) 1.4 megane.

Im a bit confused about the headlight operation. On my left hand stick I can turn it once to put on the sidelights and if i turn it again, it puts it on headlights. Thing is, I dont know how to switch between dipped lights and full beam lights. Both icons for dipped and full beam are on the same notch. the inner switch has an icon for fog lights i think but this dont do anything. I can flick the fog lights on by pulling the stick towards me.
Im I doing something wrong or does it sound like the switch is broken? Hope this made sense! Please help!
It is usually the other direction from the "flashing". So if you pull the stalk towards you to flash your headlights, try pushing the stalk away from you. This is generic info by the way not specific to the P reg Megane. So I hope it still works for you.

The fogs should only work when you have dipped beam switched on and won't work with just side-lamps on or when you have main beam. This is generic info too.

Good luck and welcome to Renault Forums by the way.

Confucius he say "Wise Inuit never eats yellow snow"
Currently in vass20's garage:
Citroen Relay 2.2 HDi + Citroen C4 1.6 HDi EGS

Last edited by vass20; 5th June 2007 at 12:01 AM.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome