Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Laguna I Audio Display / Stalk Controls Not Working

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Chris,

Thanks for replying and for the welcome.

No, nothing looks untoward in either of the connector blocks. Prior to trying the 2nd hand display unit, I dismantled the original unit to check the circuit board / connections....again could see nothing obvious - loose solder joints or burnt components etc. As the replacement display made no difference, I didn't buy it so am still using the original.

I agree that with the backlights staying on, it sounds like some sort of short somewhere in the circuit.....but haven't found it yet!

Don't know if this is connected at all, but to add to my woes, when I switched the ignition on this morning, the dashboard gauges and lights briefly went mental....needles flipped up and down and lights flashed a couple of times and stopped. Everything OK after that apart from the dipped headlight on indicator bulb now appears to have blown!!

2 separate problems or related?? Is there a "black box" somewhere that's keeled over?

My first Renault - wish I'd known about their reputation for electrical probs before buying!

Please keep the suggestions coming - I need all the help I can get!!

Currently in BigDog's garage:
1999 Renault Laguna Estate 1.9 Tdi Sport......but is starting to wish he didn't!
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome