Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Customer Communication - Clio II Bonnet

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th June 2007 Thread Starter
Marty V8
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Customer Communication - Clio II Bonnet

Hi All,

I am new to the website so I apologise in advance if this has been posted already.

Rec'd a letter from Renault regarding the wifes Clio II yesterday stating that Renault had investigated the situation with the bonet catches and had concluded, along with VOSA, that there wasnt a design fault.

The letter then went on to say that Renault are happy to have a look at the catch and I quote "Your Renault Dealer will be happy to check the opening and closing mechanisms of the bonnet to ensure correct maintenance is being undertaken. If poor maintenance is detected, the appropriate corrective action will be carried out at no cost."

It also includes a little separate note that is supposed to be inserted into the Maintenance Service Booklet, which basically says check and lubricate the catch periodically on Clio II's.

Has anyone else had this letter? I presume the 'corrective action' will be to slap some grease on the catch.

Currently in Marty V8's garage:
Clio II 1.2, ST24 & V8 Cobra Replica.
  5 Lastest Threads by Marty V8
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault - Clio - Starting Problems - A solution??? Clio sophiestockwell 141 175669 26th July 2007 07:30 PM
Renault Customer Communication - Clio II Bonnet Cars & motoring f8rdy 5 2117 5th June 2007 05:32 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome