Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #713 of (permalink) Old 6th June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Tim, can we get a copy (scanned / typed?) presented on this forum - or to anyone who has received the letter?

I'm interested / intrigued, because I wanna see what Renault have implied (or not), and also how different this latest comms was versus the one they sent to "people who experienced the incident" (see this thread link -->

Philip, separately, to your point - these are exactly the items we've postioned to Renault UK and France (HQ) - they've blatantly accused their customer's of being stupid (not being able to close a bonnet properly - and not being able to follow a very simple bonnet closure and validation process) - your 1st point. Also, because it wasn't on any servicing / maintenance "checklists" (mandated), it is difficult to simply accuse drivers / dealerships of not maintaining it. Again, issue lays with the manufacturer from a liability, but I also feel like many EVEN if you don't maintain a safety catch it SHOULD still perform as designed!

So in short, a very nice concise note which summarises the potential root-causes of issue - and ultimately (and correctly) implying a "manufacturing design and defect" issue!! Now, how do we get Renault do admit this (I bet they know this already!)

Aaron Brigatti
Brigatti Online -

Clio Bonnet-Catch Issues?
- Read the Correspondence Archive (Recently Updated!) @
- and the latest on my experiences @

Currently in brigatti's garage:
2009 Audi A4 1.4 TFSI
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome