Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane immobilisor / Starting problems

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 4th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Unhappy Megane immobilisor / Starting problems

Dear All

New to the sight took me a while to figure out how to start a new thread.

I hope someone out there can help me. I went shopping the other day got there ok but when I came back to my car the key would not open the car. Opened it manually kids were cold. put key in car no power at all the wipers ect would not work still could not get the immobiliser to turn off.

Called AA check keys/battery ect all seemed ok. Towed to Renalt dealer thought there might be an electronical problem but could not find it. Disconnected everything and put it back together car now works. but still Renalt do not know what went wrong.

They say if it happens again they will have to do further investigations which could be prices.

Has anyone else had a similar problem or any ideas on the cause. I thought about the TDC but the immobiliser was still on so the car would not have been able to turnover.

I did read somewhere that it could be a faulty connector to the flywheel sensors could cause non starting problems but not sure if this is relevant to me because I could not turn off the immobiliser.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. My car is a megane 1.6 automatic.

Last edited by Annette; 4th January 2006 at 03:07 PM. Reason: update
  5 Lastest Threads by Annette
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Megane immobilisor / Starting problems Electronics dogbone 18 4286 4th January 2006 09:54 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome