Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Scenic - Failure to release parking brake following rear pads replacement

View Single Post
post #12 of (permalink) Old 19th October 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Scenic - Failure to release parking brake following rear pads replacement

Originally Posted by clivem View Post
hi all I have a Renault laguna 2005 dci with electronic hand brake found advice on here Very helpful, first put hand brake in off position, disconnect battery oah yes radio code needed first as I was saying then jack up car put on axle stands, take wheels of clamp both brake hose open bleed valve take off calliper attach wind bake brake tool push piston back in, bleed valve open with pipe attached to jar, refit pads with copper grease push calliper on mounting bracket, bolt up proceeded to bleed that calliper move to other side and do the same, THEN DO NOT ATTACH BATTERY, press foot brake several times till wheels lock up when foot bake is applied the attach battery then should be all ok this help me a great deal no problem what so ever hope this helps if not sure ask a Renault dealer they help me,.. if you have drive motor on each wheel then you will need diagnostic equipment..
These instructions appear to be based around new brake pads being fitted but I already have the new brake pads fitted. These instructions demonstrate what I hshould have done. If I disconnect the battery and reconnect it again will this make a difference?
Currently in grandscenic12's garage:
Renault Grand Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome