Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help needed by Renault main dealer

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2007
Still a Petrolhead but also like diesel
Nominated 0 Times in 2 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 2
Not that helpful deano ... edit ... (although I tend to agree with your sentiment)

I assume the issue here is that you have paid a Renault Dealer to fix your Espace and they have not done so ...

1/ Under no circumstances take the car to another garage (yet), otherwise you have lost all leverage you have with the dealer and RCS . ... they will use this as an excuse to pass the blame to the other garage.

2/ Ask the dealer to arrange with another dealer/ Renault Technical dealer support to have the car inspected/second opinion at no cost to yourself.

3/ Inform RCS of the issues you are having

4/ Take some advice from your local consumer advice/trading standards

5/ Ask for a meeting with the service manager and the dealer principle to discuss the problem, and all possible solutions including a FULL refund ... dont accept you have to pay for any replaced parts ... your car was working before they did the work therefore the onus is for them to prove the parts they changed were in deed faulty or in deed caused the new fault ... remember they cant take them out or your car will be in a worse state than when you left it with them.

6/ hope it dosent get that far ...

Hope it helps

Why is it the older I get .... the better I think I was ?
Currently in Truckbusuk's garage:
Clio2 1.4RT Phase1(VF1BB0S) + Volvo XC90 SE Lux D5 Geartronic

Last edited by Truckbusuk; 7th June 2007 at 11:38 AM. Reason: clarification
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome