Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Kangoo Engine Wont Start

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 7th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0

In waiting for some responces I have tried a few things out and here is the Deal. Went to local Auto store and got a battery for the Key. Went and tried the ignition but the red light still flashed quickly. Then I tried a suggestion that was in another post about pressing the button as you turn the key and hey presto the red light stayed lit and the van started. I did a few trials and this is what I have found. When you stop the car and lock it and the red light flashes slowly the immobiliser is engaged. Put the key in the ignition and turn it on the red light will flash quickly. No matter how often you turn it off and on the red light will flash. Also no matter how may times you open and close the remote locking it will still flash. But once you press the button on the key as you turn the ignition on the red light will stay on and the engine will start. I have repeated this about 30 times with out fail. Now I dont know where the problem lies (the code in the key or the coil pick up around the key barrel) but this method works fine. It will give me time until I can get a real fix.
Currently in MDF's garage:
The Following User Says Thank You to MDF For This Useful Post:
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome