Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - change rear pads with electronic hand brake

View Single Post
post #10 of (permalink) Old 20th October 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: change rear pads with electronic hand brake

Originally Posted by clivem View Post
ok how I checked if the hand brake works jack up rear of car hand brake in the of position now try and rotate wheels by hand if all rotates ok then put hand brake on and rotate wheels again the one that rotates is seized then you need to take that wheel of and watch the calliper as some one operate hand brake that should show what is working and which part is seized be VERY careful DONOT DISCONET HAND BRAKE CABLES AT THIS POINT
My handbrake does not work on either wheel but at this point I am not sure if it if one of the calipers is seized or if the problem is with the EPB unit.

When I put on the handbrake the red light flashes and there is no noise coming from the rear of the car as I would expect when the handbrake motor is activating. Also the rear wheels are both free to turn.

Can the handbrake levers on the inside of the caliper be operated manually to test if the caliper is seized?
Currently in grandscenic12's garage:
Renault Grand Scenic
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome