Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - The Vel Satis Club, for all things Vel....

View Single Post
post #70 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
When i bought the battery was flat as it hadnt moved for months before. It also said there was a handbrake fault. Once they replaced the battery it was all fine. These cars heavily rely on the battery, even when the car is switched off i think.

With the brake pedal, dont all cars make that sucking noise a bit if you put your foot down then release the pedal quite quick???

Anyway let me just tell you about some of the things i had to rectify after i bought mine. Bear in mind that i kew about alot of the problems beforehand but still wanted thecar due to the their short supply.

1. After you put the keycard in the slot but before you start the engine, if you can hear a buzzing noise might be coming front the rear veiw mirror module. Theres a little fan in there that get warn out. Inexpensive to rectify, half hour labour and part about 60quid.

2. If your clutch pedal slowly lowers in the level at which it returns to after depressing, this is a comon fault with the clutch master cylinder, was about 300 at local Renault.

3. My cat converter was knackered, this is because the original exhausts were unsupported in the centre and the weight of the cat would make it split. When I bought a new center pipe, they have changed the design which now includes a fix, a new support has to be added midway. This cost 900quid for parts only. Fitted myself.

4. The radio reception was non existant, i'm sure youve tested this already, but if you do ever loose reception, its a faulty ariel lead, cost to replace **** 500 ****. This is becaouse they have to remove the headliner and other bits of trim, takes 4-5 hours.

Anyway, just thought i'd share these things with you incase yours has any of the symtoms. Dont get me wrong though I still love the car and am glad I bought it. Your probably bought it bacouse you want to be exclusive and a bit different, plus what you get for your money is just nuts!!!

Ive just ordered an new VW Eos, and had to spend an absolute fortune on extra to get anywhere near the level of kit the VS has on it standard. I tell you this car is gonna spoil you and it wont be the same from now on if you get anything else.

Anyway in return for the many pluses the minus is that they are quite high maint and take some tlc. Theres always a problem with something!!!

However all the places I go to have work done, they dont even know what it is!!! And when you get parts its often not even listed, ha ha ha.

Now thats exclusive.

Good luck with yours.
Currently in jamesyboy5593's garage:
Scenic II 1.9DCi Privilege, Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo, VW Eos 2.0 TFSI DSG, Gilera Nexus 500 scooter.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome