Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Carminat system diags Failed

View Single Post
post #3 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Sorry to say it, but I have to wonder why people go to so much trouble to get access to TMC - a system which, in my experience, is wrong at least as often as it's right.

I have the 'live' feed on my TrafficMaster YQ, and I regularly see events staying on the TMC service long after they've cleared from TrafficMaster. Most users won't get the opportunity to find this out, but TMC regularly diverts you around a problem that's long since gone. What's more, TMC will often divert you around roadworks 24/7 when they may only cause delays at peak times. This was certainly the case with the recent M56 roadworks.

I didn't have TMC on the old CD system, but if my new DVD Carminat system is anything to go by, the alternative routes chosen are often ludicrous and likely to take even longer than just sitting out the delay. It'll happily try to send me through the middle of Warrington in rush hour to avoid a two mile stretch of 25mph traffic on the M6

I'd be lying if I said I didn't use TMC at all, and yes, I'd rely on it more if I didn't have the TrafficMaster. But I wouldn't go out of my way and certainly wouldn't spend money to get TMC to work.
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome