Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - Water In Front Footwells*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #48 of (permalink) Old 21st October 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Cool Re: Renault Laguna 2 - Water In Front Footwells*FIXED*

Wife said WTF is all this water on my side, so I searched and did exactly as you said - last nights rain filled up my passanger side, so some drying out to do, when it stops raining here in Normandy France, while the wind is fine will assist the dryness.

Thanks for this post

Originally Posted by glynwilson View Post
Hi there if you are having water appearing in your front footwells and you have a sunroof, heres the fix.
You will need to repeat the process for the opposite front wheel.

Firstly you will need to jack the front of the car and remove the wheel.

Then proceed to remove the outer wheel arch lining nearest to the inside of the car, from memory i believe there is 1 torx screw at the bottom and 1 plastic nut about 10 inches up from the bottom.

Then you will need to be a bit forcefull to pull out the lining just enough that you can get your hand in.

There you will see a wjite hose about 8 inches up fom the sill with a black cap on the bottom with a lid on it this is what you will need to pull off but soon as you do this water will more than likely come shooting out, this cap isnt needed as the lid on it only serves to allow debris and mud to build up on it and track back up the hose and overflow over front lining of the sunroof and then the water runs down the inner trim of the windscreen and come out by your feet, not a good design if you ask me and potentially bad for the electrics.

While your there you could remove the foam pad in the sill under the pipe and rmove any mud and debris then relpace the foam.

If water doesnt come out of the hose when you remove the cap you will need to open the sunroof and in the front corners of the sunroof lining there is a whole in each corner you will need to gently push something down the hole to remove the blockage, one of the best things is the elastic curtain cords you get with the hook removed, however i didnt have one so i used an old tv coax cable with the end snipped off only cost a pound and pushing this down will remove the debris, then you can replace the lining and wheel exluding the cap and hay presto the blocakage is clear and the water will not come in again.
Currently in Colterry's garage:
2002 Laguna 2.2 DCi Sports Estate
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome