Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical?

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 8th June 2007 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical?

Generally I am very pleased with my Scenic II 1.9dci (unlike some here admittedly) and have, so far, had 24k miles trouble free, economical and comfortable miles (probably tempting fate!).

However, it is sold as a 5/7 seat family car and I actually wonder if the designers ever used it as such .

Just out of interest - what are people's views on its practical use.

There has been a long thread about the difficulty of using child seats; to this I would add:

- luggage cover; there is nowhere to put this in 7-seat use which means if you use the rear seats only occasionally you either have to leave it at home permanently (leaving your large luggage area open to view) or ask your passengers to have the cover on their laps if you are using the rearmost seats

- rear floor boxes - can't be opened if the front seats are right back (which they will be for even a moderately tall driver) which makes them redundant

- boot floor - lovely short pile nylon covering which is more slippery than an ice rink; I've just become accustomed to the noise of luggage/tool box sliding around

- standard puncture repair kit - I paid the extra for a "get you home wheel" - the thought of getting a puncture in the sidewall (or any other that the foam won't fix), miles from home with a car full of kids is just too horrible to contemplate

Any more?

A bit of a shame as these should have been noticed in the test stage, especially if Renault had done decent market research in the relevant sector.

Still prefer the car to the VW Touran though which looks, sounds and drives like a Transit van.
Currently in AndrewRL's garage:
2005 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9dCi
  5 Lastest Threads by AndrewRL
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Tyre info please Wheels & tyres SportTourer 2 1184 20th July 2007 10:18 AM
Electric interference? Electronics len_0onx 10 2117 2nd July 2007 08:30 AM
Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical? Scenic bigiainw 13 8501 8th June 2007 08:41 AM
Renault Scenic II - Horn Replacement Scenic tazzi 11 19142 10th May 2007 10:20 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome