Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio 2 - Bonnet Catch Failures

View Single Post
post #715 of (permalink) Old 9th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
my bonnet just smashed my windscreen

hi, ive just registered here as on wednesday my bonnet on my clio as i was driving along flew open smashing the windscreem, and causing substantial damage to the whole car, roof/sunroof/bonnet/ wheel arches, this happend as i was travelling at no more than 30mph, i immediately contacted renault who promised to call me back about the matter within 1 hour, 2 days later i was still waiting for the call and had callled them back to chase them up myself, finally the calll came and the guy from renault explained in no uncertain terms that although renault would be happy to look at the car and bonnet catch, they woould not accept any responsibility for what happend and that a recent investiagtion by vosa proved that there was no fault with the bonnet catch, i was advised to contact my insurance company, which has left me confused and very angry, there seems now to be so much info about this issue im unsure what is relevent as its clear this has been going on for some time, id just appreciate in hearing from anyone who has had this happen to them recently and to hear where their comunication with renault and their insurance company got them??
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome