Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Grand Scenic - Is It Truly Practical?

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 10th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi Andrew,

Agree with most of what Gonescenile said. I think its ideal as an occasional 7 seater. I use the extra seats only occasionally, but have had 6 teenagers + driver on 140 mile round trip. They can get reasonably comfy if all seats are compromised. Middle and front seat seats moved forwards. If I needed them all the time I would buy a full 7 seater.
I'm 6'4" and agree, if I'm driving no way, the floor box behind me can be accessed, but don't see you could ever get round that.
The sales rep also instructed me to place rear parcel shelf on floor in front of 2nd row seats, behind passengers legs and this works fine.

Agree on carpet, small stuff ends up in dip below rear seats, but all cars in general have this problem with stuff sliding around back. Rubber luggage mats are available from most car diy stores and would help.

Re the tyre I have the goo. It does concern me, recently had a slow puncture and tempted to use but I had time to get into Kwik Fit. I'm glad i went there quickly, they told me if I had used the tyre sealant, the tyre cannot be repaired and they quoted me £120 for replacement Michelin. Seriously considering buying spare kit.

I had a first generation Zafira before this and Grand Scenic is better, but every generation of these type of cars just gets a little bit more clever. The S Max is newer as is the new Picasso, so again they have moved things further forward.
Currently in pmf's garage:
2004 Renault Grand Scenic 1.9DCi
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome