Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - How to start my car?

View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 5th January 2006
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
First thing's first - see if it's covered by the warranty. Unless the car's done a particularly high mileage or hasn't been competently serviced at the recommended intervals, parts and labour should all be covered. If it's just out of warranty (i.e. an early January 2003 purchase) then you may find that Renault UK are still prepared to meet you part way on cost.

If you're not at all tecnically minded, then it might be worth investing in the Renault Harmony warranty. Around 500 should buy you a two year extension, and while it's a lot of money, it could pay for itself three times over in a single incident if the dealer's going to throw 1500 quid quotes at you when something electronic starts to misbehave. We had the indicator switch break on the Clio (just the auto-cancel) and the cost of that repair would have been around half of the purchase price of the two year warranty. Of course many people could DIY a job like that (I would have done if we hadn't had the warranty) but it's nice not to have to, especially if you really don't like working on your own cars.

Your local dealer will be glad to help you out (well they do make commission, don't they? )
Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome