Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Clio II - Engines - Starting problems TDC sensor

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Originally Posted by akt8t View Post
Hello everyone

My mum is the greatest!!
Last night she took off the the Top Dead Centre using the pics posted by scen1c and cleaned it.

So far, touch wood, it has started everytime and hasn't died at junctions or on roundabouts.

Will keep you up to date if this has worked, thanks for the pics and the advice x

My Clio MkII 1.6 Etoile auto has the same starting problem as akt8t. Been looking through the posts and suppose I should start the Top Dead Centre. Could anyone give me a direct link to the pictures of its location from ScenIC.

I also read elsewhere that it might be the coolant temperature sensor - anyone have any thoughts?

Update: 28 August 2007
Just to let you know that I/SO changed the TDC and Clio now starts everytime! Thanks.
Also if you now buy a TDC you also need to buy a new wiring coupler as Renault have changed the design. So cost, I think, was about £65. When ordering the part the guy had said he'd never heard of anyone else buying this - but hey what do Renault know?!!
Currently in birch's garage:
2000 Clio 1.6 Etoile

Last edited by birch; 28th August 2007 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Fixed Clio
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome