Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

View Single Post
post #128 of (permalink) Old 30th October 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault Laguna 2 - 1.8 16v Throttle Problem*FIXED*

Originally Posted by trevstamf View Post
for all you laguna 2 owners who have 1.8 16v petrol models mines an 02 plate and have encountered the ellicit Fuel Injection Fault, car goes into limp mode, no accelerator, then resets after half hour ,

I have a possible solution fix

Before you do anything else get the wiring loom checked out and especially the plugs and pins at the main ECU under the battery tray

If they are corroded or look dodgy clean and soak them with a suitable solution that can burn it off i dont know what kind but im sure you top mechaics can say that, all i know is it worked on my car after much cost at dealers and replaceing parts i never needed because the fault reoccured

A clip test or ECU read will throw up many daft faults but thats due to the connections being faulty

Its a bit of a job to do as an amature i beleive, but its saved my car

Now to try and recoupe some cost form my dealers as they should have picked it up in the first place and ive had parts replaced i didnt need and the problem remaind wish me luck
could you explain what the 'wiring loom' is and where abouts it is please? i've looked in the haynes manual but can't see a reference to it. will i see it when taking out the battery and inspecting the ecu pins? what are you supposed to do with the 'wiring loom'? could you also recommend a suitable cleaning solution for the ecu pins?
Many thanks for your post. we have a 2ltr turbo laguna initiale
Currently in longleigh's garage:
Laguna Initiale Turbo 2ltr 2004
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome