Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Using UK spec Xenon headlights abroad

View Single Post
post #4 of (permalink) Old 11th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
From an earlier posting I made about beam convertors for my Grand Scenic:

After much research about my 2006 Grand Scenic II with factory fit Bi-Xenon headlights, I purchased the official Renault beam deflectors (Renault code 7701383655). I didn't want to fall foul of the instant fines warned about if caught without beam deflectors in France. I'd read on this forum that people were concerned about sticking these onto the plastic headlights, with the heat generated by the Xenon headlights.

There are no lines on the headlights, but the instructions give you an indication of where they should be applied.

I found they were fine (for the week I was in France) and came off without any problems, having survived rain and the heat of the xenons.

Unfortunately they can only officially be used once (although I reckon you could get a couple of applications from them). Most dealers when you query about the heat and what deflectors are best, don't really know, but mine spoke to Renault UK about ones for Xenons.

Hope this is helpful

Currently in rencar12's garage:
2006 Renault Grand Scenic Privilege 2.0 Auto (Xenons, ESP, Cruise, Climate, Heated Seats, Rear Park Sensors, Cabasse) in Gunmetal
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome