Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Lag 11 Security?????????

View Single Post
post #18 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2007
Platinum member
Nominated 0 Times in 7 Posts
Nominated TOTW/F/M Award(s): 8
Originally Posted by ottoman View Post
But Why ? nothing gained, You would be going for the newest car available and to torch it after not worth the risk, Strip then torch the evidence ?

It doesn't make sense, unless they've stolen the equipment and just wanted to prove that it worked. Maybe the car was stolen to order and then became surplus to requirements. Or maybe it turned out not to be what they were looking for (wrong model.)
I just hate anyone taking what is not theirs whether it has value or not, I do not buy knock off goods of any kind no matter how cheap or what it is whether it was a company's or a private individuals, I would not like any thing I have stolen so dont buy knock off as you are as guilty of the crime and hurt it causes as the thief if you do.
Absolutely, though I'm sick of movie companies pining on about how piracy is as bad as 'proper' crime. In crimes such as car theft, ordinary people are left inconvenienced, out of pocket and feeling violated. When someone rips off a copy of the latest movie blockbuster for their friends, the only people who really suffer are fat-cats who earn more in a single year's bonus than most of us will in a lifetime.

I suppose it could mean the difference between waiting two or three years between buying new Learjets, but try as I might, I just can't drum up any sympathy

Currently in Horatio's garage:
2010 Laguna III Initiale.
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome