Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Megane 2 (LHD) front window cable system issues

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 1st November 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Megane 2 (LHD) front window cable system issues

I bought a second hand megane 2 (2006) a few years back and passenger front window never worked. Was told it was a faulty switch. However it was a classic window module failure. I bought a new module and the motor works but the cable mechanism is all messed up and twisted. It seems the bafoon I bought it from failed to mention that the problem was more serious that a dodgy switch!!!
The cables go in and out but then slip, no window movement, and get twisted in the winding mechanism and then jam. The spring and white plastic guide are not fixed to the winder and the cable goes all over the place. I pulled the winding mechanism apart and re-greased everything and tried to straighten the cable but everytime, it slips out of the slots and jams everything. I also believe that the previous owner just stuffed everything back and some of the cables seem to be wrongly positioned.
I am also unsure as the winding system and process when rewinding the cables in. Is there a correct and incorrect way and should the springs and guides be attached to the winder.
I already spent 3 hours trying to work the system out. Would it be better to go to a dealer and pay through the nose or is it worth pursuing. I want to sell the Megane ASAP. I am a experienced mechanic.
Thanks for any help or images as to how the window, cable and door set up should be. Please note it is a ledt hand drive and the passenger side is a problem.
Thanks v much.

Currently in Andyhv's garage:
Renault Grand Scenic. 2.0 dci. 2006
  5 Lastest Threads by Andyhv
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Brake warning light - intermittent. Grand Scenic... Brakes/Hubs WhoCares 7 332 19th June 2016 08:43 AM
Noisy ventilator bearing - Grand Scenic 2... Heating & cooling LAGUNA205GT 3 231 10th May 2016 10:46 AM
Grand Scenic Dci 2.0L. Power loss and no... Engines funkoval 3 224 8th April 2016 09:45 PM
TDC sensor location on Grand Scenic 2, 2.0l diesel Engines Andyhv 0 220 2nd January 2016 09:00 AM
Service -102k miles. Concern. Grand Scenic II.... Cars & motoring hondo 3 683 27th January 2015 11:04 AM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome