Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault Laguna II - Phase 1 - Engines - Renault Forums Turbo failure survey !

View Single Post
post #21 of (permalink) Old 12th June 2007
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Angry 2003 Espace IV 1.9 DCI

Hi all,
A few months ago my Espace turbo failed and all the oil was sucked out of the engine through the induction system and blown out the exhaust, the engine consumed all its oil and then died? Could not stop the engine before this, which was very frightening. Luckely had a years warrenty with the car from when I bought it, last September. Garage put a new turbo in and said the engine was fine all pressures correct and power fine. The garage gave me no paperwork and told me that I did not get a years guarantee as this was covered under renault warrenty and did not cost me?!! Anyway got the car serviced and timing belt changed two weeks ago (at 96,000 KM) and now although the car seems to be driving fine it is blowing small amounts of blue/white smoke out the exhaust every ten second when driving (Someone behind me made me aware of smoke)
Garage has looked at it yesterday and said the new turbo has a small amount of oil in it and they will again replace the turbo under warrenty to fix! Is this engine shot, can someone tell me should I just get rid of car ASAP as have read the horror stories regarding 1.9dci's?? Please help, Thanks
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome