Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault - Megane - Fog Light Question

View Single Post
post #24 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2014
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Re: Renault - Megane - Fog Light Question

Originally Posted by cenasf View Post
Iím new to here , Thanks for all your valuable posts .
Direction to replace fog light unit in Renault Megane Coupe
I have just noticed that one of the front passenger side fog light on my Renault ( 2011) Megane Coupe 1.6 has been cracked/smashed looks like stone hit it or something . Iím planning to renew entire unit after founding that I can buy a aftermarket part for £25 . I just need some instruction on how to approach this. Do I need to take the bumper off to do so? do I need to remove the tier to make more room ?

I found fallowing thread had same question but cant find what went at the end .

Megane Mk 3 - Do I need to remove the front bumper?

I may be wrong but i believe looking at it you have to access the bolts to remove the lamp from the rear of the bumper. It will most certainly be easier for access to remove the bumper however, whilst quite fun IMHO, it can be tricky.

I have just had mine in the air and noticed with the front half of the wheel arch liners off i most likely could access the the fog light housing on both sides through the wheel arch. I haven't tried this but worth a try i suppose before removing the bumper completely.
Currently in ste2425's garage:
2003 Ford Ka 1.3 : 2003 Renault Megane 1.4 16v (RIP) : 1997 Fiat Cinquecento S (RIP) : 2000 Vauxhall Corsa (RIP) : 1997 Citroen Xsara 1.4 (RIP)
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome