Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Intermittent ABS Fault Clio MK2 Facelift 02 plate

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 5th November 2014 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Intermittent ABS Fault Clio MK2 Facelift 02 plate

Hi all,

I have another question to quiz all you experts with.
Recently driving my car, the abs light appeared and the abs shut down completely, The abs light was accompanied by the SERV light.

So I read up on the internet that it could be the reluctor rings, and yes the front offside ring fell off a soon as i tapped the shaft out to replace it.
Changed the broken ring, checked all others which are intact, Hey presto the light goes out. Put car back in garage with the ABS/SERV light off, come to it two days later and as soon as i put the key in and switched to key position 2 without starting the engine, the light appeared again.

Mechanic plugged his Diagnostic machine in, comes up with passenger rear wheel sensor fault. Hub off, clean sensor, (Looks asif the sensor is new anyhow)

Once put back together, drive and light goes off, put car in garage , come back next day and light reappears.

Me and the mechanic Scratching our heads.

Any thoughts/ suggestions?
Thanks in Advance , Nathan
Currently in MadManDyson's garage:
Clio MK2 Facelift 2002 1.2 16v
  5 Lastest Threads by MadManDyson
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Intermittent ABS Fault Clio MK2 Facelift 02 plate Brakes/Hubs MadManDyson 5 1386 5th November 2014 06:15 PM
Clio mk2 Fresh coolant leak Engines lancs dave 9 1265 17th October 2014 03:37 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome