Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Think I bust my wiper motor…….????

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Question Think I bust my wiper motor…….????

Hi all, apologies firstly if this is in the wrong forum but seems to be the busiest place!
Anyway during that last cold snap (Xmas week) I had a lot of frost on my window, instead of properly scraping the glass I just sprayed de-icer and dove off and started the wipers, however the passenger side blade did not move because it was still frozen to the screen! Since then the passenger side wiper motor has been playing up big time, working intermittently. Sometimes it works, but when it does it doesn’t go fully up and the timing is also off. And now it has almost totally given up the ghost. Occasionally the wipers clash in the middle of the screen, the drivers side blade has come out the loser, I now have a torn drivers side blade.
Also another weird thing is that the passenger wiper occaisonally gets stuck under the bonnet which it never did before.
Anyway what I want to know is has the motor packed in? And are there any quick checks fixes I can do?
  5 Lastest Threads by s79
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault 19 bonnet wanted/ bonnet dilemma Cars & motoring krnwlkr 1 943 10th April 2006 03:13 PM
Renault 19 - Clutch cable needs replacing Engines 3 3267 9th March 2006 02:33 PM
Think I bust my wiper motor…….???? Cars & motoring joshphutch 4 1350 6th January 2006 10:54 AM
R19 1.4 RT Heater blowing Cold – Related to... Heating & cooling sy-27 2 1723 29th November 2005 03:02 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome