Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Renault espace various problems :0(

View Single Post
post #1 of (permalink) Old 6th January 2006 Thread Starter
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Renault espace various problems :0(

Right firstly hello to one and all :0)
this is my first time @ using this forum so please bear with me

I brought a 1991 H reg espace GTS about 6 months ago, and i feel ive been sold a donkey (so's to speak)
i seem to have various problems most was minor (locking problems, brakes, seats, lights ect) all i have managed to sort out but i still have a few issues left and i feel that these are going to cost me dearly :0(

As i am a house husband to me 5 daughters id like to attempt (where possible) the work myself due to lack of funds

Number 1.. and my main concern is Oil in the cooling expantion tank, i have flushed the cooling system a few times but it reappears ?? i have been told it is the head gasket but there is no water in the engine section?? Is this true or possible ?? nad what do i need to get done to rectify the problem ?

Number 2 .. The temp gauge is always running to 3/4, now i changed the thermostat and radiator temp switch. The fan does always cut in and the temp never exceeds 3/4 is this okay ?

Number 3 .. i have blead the heating system a few times but after a few weeks it just blows cold again any suggestions people ??

Number 4 .. i also on occastions have a problem with the car firing for a few seconds after the engine has been switched off.. would this be due to any of the above problems ??

thats about it i think

Oh i have no rear heated window working .. the fuse is ok and it seems to be connected up ok @ the rear ... ?? any ideas please ??

Cheers people

5 Lastest Threads by tideeetraxxx
Thread Forum Last Poster Replies Views Last Post
Renault espace various problems :0( Cars & motoring gareth125 9 2114 6th January 2006 02:17 PM
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome