Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - Help needed by Renault main dealer

View Single Post
post #33 of (permalink) Old 14th June 2007
Diamond member
Nominated 0 Times in 1 Post
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
Hi john,
I own a grand espace & have done for the last 5 yrs ( I think). It has now done 130,000 miles (18,000 when purchased) during this time this car has been amazing,however this does not mean trouble free. It has had at least 5 instrument panels a few with bits not displaying but one of the main issues I had (not convinced it's cured) was that the airbag warning light would display intermittantly, it was taken into my Renault dealer on numerous occasions where they carried a recall on the wiring harness to the seatbelts also both the left & right airbag sensors were replaced a few times to try to solve this problem it all manifested in the end to the car failing to start (immobiliser) & the instrument panel failing completely, they also carried out numerous tests, but in the end the fix was were they rplaced the panel & the controling ECU as a pair & then reprogrammed them. They did not want to do this as these two parts are extremely expensive & do in my experience go wrong frequently. Mine is again showing up a battery symbol intermittently & another strange symbol & then that part of the panel just shows orange. Don't know if it's actually got a fault in the battery or altenator now as we have had so many false alarms with the display on this car that it's a bit like the boy who cried wolf. I am dreading going back to the dealership again to try to resolve this.
Any way sorry to have gone on a bit but try & insist on these items to be changed along with the airbag computer
Currently in R5gtt's garage:
R5 GT Turbo, Megane Tourer 1.5 Dci, Megane GT 2.0 dci
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome