Renault Forums :: Independent Renault forum - View Single Post - CLOCKSPRING (aka "rotational connector!") *FIXED*

View Single Post
post #51 of (permalink) Old 12th November 2014
Nominated 0 Times in 0 Posts
TOTW/F/M Award(s): 0
I guess I should have read more carefully ... the member triumph2.5man said "The clockspring is built-in to the switch unit and while it is possible to dismantle the whole issue fairly quickly, Monsewer Renault will not be able to sell you any bits. The switch stalks themselves can be removed but the "brains" are in the large circuit board on which they sit."

But my question now is, can I still use the non-AUTO version? Will I only lose the AUTO lights, but everything else will remain fully functional? I think I can live with turning on and off the lights manually.

Appreciate anyone's help!

It appears from reading earlier in the thread that while the stalk with AUTO lights can be substituted, the "brains" remain inside the larger unit.

My question is this: Can I still use the non AUTO unit even though I should technically replace it with the AUTO light unit? Will I only lose the AUTO lights function, but retain functionality of everything else?
Currently in NewbE's garage:
2006 Renault Megane II 1.5 dCi

Last edited by hondo; 12th November 2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: 2 posts merged
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome